Sunday, September 11, 2011

The National Mall.

Our favorite part about living in D.C. is the endless amount of activities and things to see.  We've set a goal to try and see at least one tourist attraction each weekend, and with the exception of the hurricane Irene weekend when we didn't leave our house, we have been successful.  Our first weekend here we decided to hit the National Mall.   
 I like to do all the dorky tourist things like pretend to push the Washington Monument because Mike gets so embarrassed! I think it's pretty funny.
 This soldier proposed to his girlfriend in the middle of the World War II memorial. Everybody clapped and cheered for the happy couple. Can you get any more cheesy?
 There is always a sense of reverence at all the memorials and monuments. I love it because it gives me a chance to reflect on the many people that have done so much for this great country.
For some reason I thought this would be a good pose to do in front of the White House. But, what am I DOING? I look like a fool. If you look in the background, there is a girl doing an equally embarrassing pose. I guess the White House just makes you want to strike a pose :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you did that pose when you were 5 too. I would also try to embarrass Mike if I were you. You could make a hobby of it. Love the pictures. It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, Marisa just walked in and saw the last picture of you and she asked, "What is she doing?" I replied, "She is smiling for the camera." Which she responded back, "No, what is she doing with her arms?" hahahahaa!
    Keep on embarrassing Mike doing all the touristy things. I can't wait to embarrass Mike with our PDA in Europe when you guys come to visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing so hard at this right now...I just hear you saying everything you write..."vote for me" hahaha oh Sara P. I MISS YOu!!! and keep on posing like that...lookin' good

    ReplyDelete