Sunday, August 28, 2011

Something to blog about.

I've been meaning to start a blog since Mike and I got married, but I've always had a hard time figuring out what to talk about in my posts. Well, as most of you know our lives just recently got more exciting since we moved to the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. However, everyone who lives in this area refers to our Nation's Capitol as simply, "The District". So in an attempt to be cool and to not act like a tourist, that's what I titled our blog.

We moved to Arlington, Virginia (exactly 5.5 miles west of President Obama's house) a little over 3 weeks ago, and we've definitely had a VERY eventful 3 weeks to say the least. I'm planning to talk about all our exciting events in later posts, but in the mean time I'll post a few pictures.

We were lucky enough to find this cute little yellow house to live in.




Mike found the house on craigslist, and I fell in love with it immediately.  It was built in the 1930's, so it definitely has some outdated parts about it, like the kitchen for example, but it's in a great location and it has this cute fireplace that I just couldn't resist.
We only have the main level. There is a man that lives in the basement and a young girl that lives on the 2nd floor. Everyone has separate entrances and separate kitchens, so don't worry it's not awkward or anything. The only thing we share is the basement which has plenty of storage and....A WASHER AND DRYER. I can't tell you how exciting it is to be able to wash our clothes every week without having to go to a laundry mat and use quarters. I think I finally understand why Grandma Donna and my dad love doing laundry so much. There is something so rewarding about putting on fresh, clean-smelling clothes every Monday morning.

Anyways, Mike and I are very exciting about this opportunity we have to be living in such a historic part of our country. We already love it here and hope that things continue to go well for us!
We miss and love you all.



2 comments: